I'm thankful for sleep! Thankful for the renewing of energy I get from a good nap. Thankful for a baby girl who sleeps so well. Thankful for naptime. Thankful for early bedtimes. I used to nap while Millie Janalee napped occasionally, and I still had time for laundry, a shower, makeup, and a little television. Now that her naps are fewer and further between, I have time for one or two big things. And one of those includes a shower. I can't function without a shower. I envy those of you who can go without washing your hair and it look as fresh as it did the day before. Mine? It would just look like I poured a tub of melted butter over my head. Grease monkey. So...showers are important to me.
We just returned from a weekend visit to our hometown and a day in Starkville to watch the Bulldogs play the Razorbacks, so we are always extra tired when we get home. It takes a day or two to recover. Then, we'll pick back up and head home for Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for the extra sleep we can all get here and there.
Tomorrow, this sweet face will have her four month checkup. This means more of those mean old shots! I'm not a fan of watching Millie Janalee cry and being helpless to make her feel better. I'm not a fan of her looking at me as if asking, "Why Mama? Help!" Oh, I'm dreading it already. But, tomorrow...we will sleep. We will give that baby girl some Tylenol every four hours and let her sleep it off.
My mom has graciously agreed to bring all our Christmas decorations from our storage unit in our hometown. This is NO small feat. I am thankful that there will be extra hands and a sleepy little girl while we put up our Christmas decorations. If I can make myself put that pitiful angel face down after such a traumatic morning, that is.
Most of all, I'm thankful for sleep because it is absolutely one of my favorite things to watch Millie Janalee do! I LOVE watching her sweet face sleep. I love to watch her dream. I love to watch her work on her paci. I love to watch her mouth hang wide open. And I love to listen to her breathe. I am so thankful for the small things...watching my daughter sleep.


1 comment:
Sweet face! What kind of camera/lens does your husband have? (the new one)
Post a Comment